Are you looking for an outdoor turkey fryer that’s capable of handling up to 25 pound turkeys? Then look no further than the Grand Gobbler from Bayou Classic.
Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if it’s the right one for you.
Big Turkey Deep Fryers: The Grand Gobbler Rules Them All!
The Grand Gobbler is a serious turkey frying package at a very reasonable price. It’s designed for those big, big turkeys of over 25 pounds. Most turkey frying kits can handle birds of 15-20 pounds quite easily, including some of the indoor ones. However, it’s far less common to find a turkey fryer for the big boys.
This outdoor turkey fryer runs on propane, and the kit includes everything you need but the tank. It’s an easy way to get up and running for Thanksgiving or Christmas food this year!
- Turkey frying season is approaching and Bayou Classic introduces the 'Grand gobbler' Turkey fryer...
- 44-Qt stainless stockpot with lid and welded handles
- Patented poultry rack and lift hook
- 14-In tall stainless cooker frame with single bolt Leg attachment
- 4-In cast aluminum burner, 14-in wide cooking surface
Perfect for Big Family Celebrations
This Grand Gobbler Turkey Kit for Large Birds from Bayou Classic is perfect for those big family celebrations where you want to cook only one turkey and you want to do it right. Of course, it handles smaller things like chicken, fish, meat or seafood equally well.
In case you haven’t tried it yet, deep fried turkey is moist, and juicy on the inside, and crispy and golden on the outside. Your family will keep coming back for more, year after year so be ready for it!
Save Oven Space (and Stress!)
We all know how busy Thanksgiving or Christmas can be in the kitchen. Oven space is at a premium and you probably want to cook desserts, side dishes or roast some veggies. Now you can because you’ve freed up a ton of space with your turkey fryer.
You’ll also save a ton of time—compared to roasting, deep frying takes around 1/4 of the time, making it easy to just enjoy the time with your family and friends.
Homebrewers will Love it too!
Another use of this turkey fryer kit is as a homebrewing pot. You can make some seriously large batches of homebrew beer with this one!
What it Includes
This deep fried turkey kit includes everything you need to deep fry a turkey except the propane bottle. You’ll get the stockpot with lid, poultry rack and lifting hook, frying thermometer, seasoning injector needle, protective leather gloves. And please note, this kit is for outdoor cooking only.
If you’re looking for an indoors turkey fryer, check out: Top 5 Indoor Turkey Fryers.
Bayou Classic: A Trusted Name in Outdoor Cooking
If you’re looking for any sort of outdoor cooking device, from a fish fryer to propane burner, to something suitable for deep frying or seafood boils, then Bayou Classic should be at the top of the list. They make some serious products that are designed for superior performance.
Their Grand Gobbler is certainly no exception to this. It’s durable and will last you for years. But perhaps the best thing is the amount of power that it has. Despite having to heat up so much oil, it’ll happen quickly and easily with this thing.
Shop Now for this Bayou Classic Outdoor Fryer
If this Grand Gobbler Turkey Kit exactly what you need for that next big holiday celebration? Click the button below to head on over to Amazon. You can learn more about it, and also check and see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Grand Gobbler Turkey Kit Features:
- Cooks turkeys 25+ pounds (35 pound maximum)
- 42 qt. commercial quality aluminum pot
- Poultry rack + grab hook
- Thermometer + seasoning injector included
- High pressure propane burner with a large, square surface area
- Adjustable regulator for temperature control
- Welded stand that is a foot off the ground—this makes it easy to lift and handle the pot of boiling oil!
Learn how to Deep Fry a Turkey
Do you want to find out all the details you need to know about deep frying a turkey using a propane outdoor fryer like this one from Bayou Classic. Then check out this short video below for all the details.
Grand Gobbler Turkey Kit Pros:
- Large surface area on the stand
- Powerful burner
- Everything you need to deep fry large turkeys
- A huge, 42 qt pot with thick bottom for even heating and cooking
- Bayou Classic is a trusted name in outdoor deep frying
- Excellent customer ratings and reviews
- It’s the only turkey frying kit that we know of that can handle a 25 lb turkey or even bigger
- It’s like a portable kitchen, making it perfect for camping or tailgating parties
- All the accessories, as well as the pot are safe for the dishwasher (if you have access to one that’s big enough!)
Grand Gobbler Turkey Kit Cons:
- Aluminum pot. Although it’s top-quality, commercial grade aluminum, the stainless steel pots are better (see: Stainless Steel Turkey Frying Pots).
- Quite expensive for a kit that doesn’t include a stainless steel pot (See this Cheap Turkey Frying Kit).
- Too big to handle for some, and not ideal for a small batch of fish and chips for example (for that purpose, instead consider the TFal Fr 8000 Deep Fryer).
You can also check out some of the smaller turkey fryers here:
What People Are Saying about this Turkey Fry Kit
“This thing is amazing! I cooked a huge turkey it in for my big family celebration and it came out delicious. The pot is extremely high in quality and is far better than the ones that come with most other turkey frying kits.”
“What can I say about it? It was very easy to set-up in just a few minutes and I found that it worked exactly as I expected it to. It did take a long time to get the oil up to the correct temperature, but there was a lot of it, so not a big deal. Just leave yourself some time for this, and make sure your propane tank is full before you get started.”
“There are very few pots big enough to handle a 25 lb turkey. And, there are also very few outdoor cookers powerful enough to handle something so big and keep the oil hot enough. The Grand Gobbler does this all in style, and I’ll be using this thing for years to come.”
The Takeaway on the Grand Gobbler Turkey Kit
If you’re looking for an outdoor oil fryer that can cook a large turkey of 25+ pounds, then this Grand Gobbler Turkey Kit from Bayou Classic might be your best choice. There are very few other kits there that can handle such a large bird safely.
Find the Largest Turkey You Can: This Thing Can Handle It!
It can actually handle a turkey that’s 35 pounds, if you’re able to find one this big in stores! However, be prepared to use a ton of oil and for it to take a long time. For best results and when considering safety concerns, we recommend sticking with turkeys of around 20 pounds. If you want to go bigger though, the Grand Gobbler can handle it.
Reasonably Priced for a Complete Turkey Frying Kit
The price is reasonable for what you get- a total deep frying package that includes everything you need but the propane tank. And, of course, get ready for some crispy, delicious turkey this holiday!
You can get this quality turkey frying kit from Bayou Classic on Amazon today. Click the button below to check for the lowest prices on turkey deep fryers including this one:
Compare Turkey Deep Fryers
If you want to deep-fry a turkey of a more modest size, you probably don’t need the Grand Gobbler. The main advantages to getting a smaller fryer is that it will be cheaper, and also easier to handle in terms of the pot size.
Instead, you could consider one of our top picks in this handy comparison chart below:
Can I Use this for Things Besides Turkey?
The Grand Gobbler is actually quite a versatile piece of outdoor cookware. You can use it for a variety of things besides deep fried turkey, including the following:
- Home brewing
- Seafood boils
- Fish frying
- Soups, stews or jambalaya
- Deep frying chicken or other cuts of meat
- Boiling or steaming crabs, shrimp or other seafood
- Low country boils
Have your Say about this Large Turkey Fryer!
What are your thoughts about this 25 lb turkey fryer from Bayou Classic? Is is the right outdoor turkey fryer for you, or are you considering another option?
Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to share this article on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest. It’ll help other turkey frying enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-03-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API